What comes to mind when you think of going to the dentist? Day in and day out, millions of people across the nation have dental work done, and yet, for some, dental appointments remain a genuine source of anxiety. Whether due to past painful experiences or simply worry over the unknown, to you, the fear is real and that’s all that matters. Thankfully, San Antonio sedation dentistry expert Dr. Kenneth Krueger understands these fears and does all he can to ensure your visit is pain-free and comfortable.
Anesthesia Tailored to Your Needs
At KRK Implant Center, we offer a variety of anesthesia options. While advanced anesthesia may be required for more extensive procedures, you are also able to select anesthesia based on your personal comfort level and preference. The available options include:
- Local Anesthesia: all patients receive a base local anesthesia to ensure numbness in the mouth prior to the start of any procedure. In contrast to some practices, we employ very gentle injection techniques to minimize discomfort.
- Oral Anesthesia: typically used in conjunction with local anesthesia, at your preference, we can prescribe oral medication to take before your procedure begins to assist in your relaxation and allow you to fall asleep while receiving treatment.
- Conscious IV Sedation: for particularly involved procedures or for patients who experience considerable anxiety while undergoing dental treatment, we recommend conscious intravenous sedation. This method is very safe but effective in allowing you to relax. It’s also well suited to those wishing to have multiple procedures done in a single appointment.
Rest Easy in the Hands of Experience
Sedation methods aside, there’s something to be said about knowing you’re in the hands of an experienced physician. Dr. Krueger has over 30 years of experience in periodontics to put your mind at ease, but more than that, he genuinely cares about the quality of your experience and takes the time answer your questions before any treatment begins.
If you know you need periodontal work done, stop letting fear get the better of you. Call KRK Implant Center today and see for yourself why Dr. Krueger is considered one of the top providers in his field.
Dread going to the dentist? San Antonio sedation dentistry expert Dr. Kenneth Krueger offers top quality care and pain-free appointments. Call 210.826.3946 today to schedule.
Inability to get proper care, neglect, a traumatic accident – when you have missing teeth, the “why” doesn’t really matter. You just want a solution that will restore what you’ve lost: form, function, and self-esteem. San Antonio dental implants patients often research all of their alternatives before making a decision, but aside from all their many benefits, what brings them back to implants is that they are made to last.
What to Expect
As with any medical treatment, it’s only natural to want to know what you’re signing up for with dental implants. Here’s a brief synopsis of our typical process at KRK:
- Before: Dr. Krueger will take the time to get to know you and your specific situation. He’ll work with you to craft a treatment plan that works with your schedule and make sure you’re prepared for a successful procedure. Any additional dental work necessary prior to implant placement can often be done the same day.
- During: During your implant procedure you can choose to be awake, relaxed, or completely sedated. Dr. Krueger will place the dental implants directly into your jawbone, minimally impacting your gums. The entire procedure typically takes only 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- After: You will regain feeling in your mouth between 3-5 hours after your procedure. Because Dr. Krueger’s technique requires little interaction with your gums, you will not likely need any stitches and should have minimal, if any, swelling or bruising. You’ll be prescribed medication to help manage your pain – most patients require only over-the-counter remedies. You will schedule a follow-up with Dr. Krueger for a few weeks later and be given his home and mobile contact info should you have any concerns before then. Once your implants have fully integrated into your jawbone (6 weeks – 4 months later), you’ll be fitted for your permanent crowns.
Implants Versus Other Treatments
Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth. You can even eat just like you always did and brush and floss normally. The best part about implants, though, is that they’re intended to last a lifetime. Other treatment methods like partial dentures and bridges may cost less in the immediate, but they deteriorate over time, necessitating replacement.
In the long run, quality dental often cost patients less while providing superior function and appearance. If you’re looking for a solution to missing teeth that will last, call us at KRK Implant Center today for your consultation and see for yourself why dental implants are right for you.
Looking for a lasting fix for lost teeth? The San Antonio dental implants experts at KRK Implant Center are here to help. Call us today at 210.826.3946 for your consultation.