These days, finances are a concern few people are immune to. With every little expense quickly adding up, the cost of dental care is the last thing you want to think about. When you live with missing teeth every day, though, eventually frustration gets the better of you and you start considering your options.
For many patients in San Antonio, dentures seem like the logical choice, because they offer a low-cost solution in the immediate. While it’s true that dentures are typically the least expensive up front, they carry with them a number of drawbacks that may end up costing more than you think.
The Hidden Costs of Dentures
You’re probably already familiar with the aesthetic and functional problems posed by dentures – decreased chewing power, lingering food odor, potential slippage at an inopportune moment – but there are other, more serious concerns to consider:
- Jawbone Deterioration: without teeth rooted in your jawbone, it will begin to deteriorate over time. This can actually alter your facial structure, giving you a collapsed appearance, and weakening your jaw.
- Damage to Neighboring Teeth: partial dentures require support from neighboring teeth to stay in place. While this doesn’t pose an immediate problem, over time, the pull on those supporting teeth can cause them to loosen and even fall out.
- Denture Replacement: even the best dentures are only a temporary solution. They wear out over time and typically require replacement every 5-8 years. Depending on how many replacements you need over the course of your lifetime, the cost of replacement alone could exceed that of other options.
Dental Implants: A Lasting Solution
Though dentures offer a low-cost remedy in the short term, when you consider the additional expenses they can cause over time, they may not be less expensive at all. Dental implants, on the other hand, offer a permanent solution to missing teeth. Not only do they prevent jawbone deterioration and damage to neighboring teeth, but they look and feel like natural teeth and stand the test of time.
If you’re in need of replacement teeth, don’t just settle for dentures. Call us at KRK Implant Center today. We’ll work with you to maximize your insurance coverage and can even offer financing if needed.
Looking for affordable tooth replacement? San Antonio dentures patients should consider the benefits dental implants provide. Call KRK Implant Center today at 210.826.3946 to learn more.
If you had your choice between a Ford Focus and a BMW 750li, which would you choose? Both can get you from point A to point B…and yet, one is widely regarded as a symbol of quality in the automotive market. If only there was such a clear-cut distinction in the field of dentistry in San Antonio.
Affordable dental implants providers like to play the cost war with their competitors – offering “the same” level of service for a much lower price. Unfortunately, these bargain treatments aren’t always all they’re cracked up to be.
Not All Implant Treatments Are Created Equal
Perhaps the old adage “you get what you pay for” is tossed about too lightly these days for it to hold much weight, but in the case of dental implants, you can be certain that if a lower cost is being offered, the difference isn’t coming out of the provider’s profit margin:
- Pre-op planning: one of the keys to a successful dental implant procedure is thorough pre-planning. This can include everything from time spent getting to know your unique physiology to the actual treatment plan itself, but this is an area where many tend to cut corners. Not enough time spent here can mean, at least, an uncomfortable experience during your procedure and, at worst, poor results and the need for follow-up work to fix what was done improperly the first time.
- Technique and expertise: in any surgical application, there’s something to be said for a practiced hand and well-honed technique. Many bargain providers may be new dentists trying to carve out a niche in the market. While this doesn’t automatically mean they will do shoddy work, you should be willing to accept a practitioner of lesser experience if you choose to go with the lowest bidder.
- Implant/crown composition: probably one of the biggest areas bargain providers cut costs is in the materials used to make your implants and crowns and the facilities in which they are manufactured. The use of suboptimal materials can cause decreased durability, and function and poor manufacturing can cause equally poor fit and resulting discomfort for you in the long run.
Insurance and Payment Options
At KRK Implant Center, we’re committed to providing the highest quality implants, crowns, and overall treatment possible, because our goal is providing implants that will look great and last a lifetime. We will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits toward our services. We also have financing options available, should you need them.
Don’t settle for lesser quality implants and treatment that won’t stand the test of time. Call KRK Implant Center for your consultation today.
Need affordable dental implants in San Antonio? KRK Implant Center will work to help maximize your insurance coverage and even offers financing options. Call 210.826.3946 for your consultation today.