Has this scenario ever happened to you? You’re out with friends, having a great time, when disaster strikes. An unexpected collision or fall leaves you in pain and, worse, with a missing or broken tooth. Or perhaps you’ve just been putting off dental work for too long and, now, you’re in unbearable pain and just want relief. Whatever your situation, San Antonio emergency dentist Dr. Kenneth Krueger can help.
Common Dental Emergencies
Nobody ever wants to visit the emergency room. You tell yourself it’s not really that bad and you can wait, but if you ask any nurse, they’ll tell you it’s better to be safe than sorry. The same can be said for dental emergencies. You may want to tough it out and not inconvenience anyone, but in some cases, the longer you wait, the worse your condition will get.
Some common reasons to see an emergency dentist are:
- Missing Teeth: often, missing teeth can be more of an aesthetic concern than a medical one in the immediate, but nonetheless, if you have an important meeting or a family picture coming up, missing teeth can be very problematic. KRK Implant Center offers same-day temporary implants to replace missing teeth, so you don’t have to go without while awaiting your permanent crowns.
- Broken Teeth: broken, chipped, or cracked teeth can happen when you least expect them. Some breaks are merely visual in nature while others can be quite painful. In either case, Dr. Krueger will quickly assess your situation and either repair or replace the damaged teeth.
- Severe Tooth Pain: perhaps your teeth have been bothering you off and on for some time. Your gums have been swelling or bleeding, but now they’re also causing you incredible pain. This is often a sign of a larger dental issue that should be treated right away. Dr. Krueger will examine your teeth and work to stop the discomfort while addressing the underlying problems.
Quality Dental Care When You Need It Most
When you’re having a dental emergency, every minute spent waiting can feel like an eternity. While many dental offices are inflexible in their scheduling, at KRK Implant Center, we can often see you within 24 hours. What’s even better is that we offer same-day treatment for a variety of dental concerns. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency – or even just think you might be – don’t delay. Call us to schedule your appointment right away.
Need immediate dental attention? Not to worry – San Antonio emergency dentist Dr. Kenneth Krueger is here to help. Call KRK Implant Center at 210.826.3946 right away.
If you have missing teeth, chances are you aren’t too happy about it. Aside from the physical reminder every time you eat, you have the added frustration of second-guessing yourself every time you want to smile. For patients in San Antonio, teeth implants can provide an attractive solution to these issues, but did you know they can also help promote your long-term dental health?
Benefits of Teeth Implants
Of course, dental implants provide natural looking and feeling replacements for missing teeth, but they have a number of other benefits as well:
- Prevents bone resorption: without teeth rooted in your jawbone, it can actually b absorbed back into your gums. Over time, this can lead to a change in the structure of your jaw that can even alter the appearance of your face. Dental implants form a strong bond with your jaw, preventing bone resorption, and helping maintain your overall oral health.
- Immediate replacement: even though your permanent crowns may not be ready right away, you’ll never leave our office without teeth you can use and feel comfortable about. Dental implants can be placed very quickly, and we provide you with temporary crowns while you wait.
- Protects neighboring teeth: alternative replacement methods, such as partial dentures and bridges, require support from neighboring teeth to stay in place. Over time, this can actually weaken those supporting teeth and even cause them to fall out. Dental implants draw support from the bond they form with your jaw, so they will never damage adjacent teeth.
A Solution That Lasts
One of the biggest benefits of dental implants over other methods of treatment is that they’re made to last a lifetime. Whereas partial dentures and bridges deteriorate over time and typically require replacement, dental implants provide a great looking solution that also stands the test of time.
If you’re looking for replacement teeth that not only look and feel like natural teeth but also help preserve your long-term dental health, call KRK Implant Center today to schedule your consultation. Rest assured, you’ll leave with a smile on your face.
Want tooth replacement that also ensures your long-term dental health? The San Antonio teeth implants experts at KRK Implant Center can help. Call us today at 210.826.3946 for your consultation.
What comes to mind when you think of going to the dentist? Day in and day out, millions of people across the nation have dental work done, and yet, for some, dental appointments remain a genuine source of anxiety. Whether due to past painful experiences or simply worry over the unknown, to you, the fear is real and that’s all that matters. Thankfully, San Antonio sedation dentistry expert Dr. Kenneth Krueger understands these fears and does all he can to ensure your visit is pain-free and comfortable.
Anesthesia Tailored to Your Needs
At KRK Implant Center, we offer a variety of anesthesia options. While advanced anesthesia may be required for more extensive procedures, you are also able to select anesthesia based on your personal comfort level and preference. The available options include:
- Local Anesthesia: all patients receive a base local anesthesia to ensure numbness in the mouth prior to the start of any procedure. In contrast to some practices, we employ very gentle injection techniques to minimize discomfort.
- Oral Anesthesia: typically used in conjunction with local anesthesia, at your preference, we can prescribe oral medication to take before your procedure begins to assist in your relaxation and allow you to fall asleep while receiving treatment.
- Conscious IV Sedation: for particularly involved procedures or for patients who experience considerable anxiety while undergoing dental treatment, we recommend conscious intravenous sedation. This method is very safe but effective in allowing you to relax. It’s also well suited to those wishing to have multiple procedures done in a single appointment.
Rest Easy in the Hands of Experience
Sedation methods aside, there’s something to be said about knowing you’re in the hands of an experienced physician. Dr. Krueger has over 30 years of experience in periodontics to put your mind at ease, but more than that, he genuinely cares about the quality of your experience and takes the time answer your questions before any treatment begins.
If you know you need periodontal work done, stop letting fear get the better of you. Call KRK Implant Center today and see for yourself why Dr. Krueger is considered one of the top providers in his field.
Dread going to the dentist? San Antonio sedation dentistry expert Dr. Kenneth Krueger offers top quality care and pain-free appointments. Call 210.826.3946 today to schedule.
Inability to get proper care, neglect, a traumatic accident – when you have missing teeth, the “why” doesn’t really matter. You just want a solution that will restore what you’ve lost: form, function, and self-esteem. San Antonio dental implants patients often research all of their alternatives before making a decision, but aside from all their many benefits, what brings them back to implants is that they are made to last.
What to Expect
As with any medical treatment, it’s only natural to want to know what you’re signing up for with dental implants. Here’s a brief synopsis of our typical process at KRK:
- Before: Dr. Krueger will take the time to get to know you and your specific situation. He’ll work with you to craft a treatment plan that works with your schedule and make sure you’re prepared for a successful procedure. Any additional dental work necessary prior to implant placement can often be done the same day.
- During: During your implant procedure you can choose to be awake, relaxed, or completely sedated. Dr. Krueger will place the dental implants directly into your jawbone, minimally impacting your gums. The entire procedure typically takes only 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- After: You will regain feeling in your mouth between 3-5 hours after your procedure. Because Dr. Krueger’s technique requires little interaction with your gums, you will not likely need any stitches and should have minimal, if any, swelling or bruising. You’ll be prescribed medication to help manage your pain – most patients require only over-the-counter remedies. You will schedule a follow-up with Dr. Krueger for a few weeks later and be given his home and mobile contact info should you have any concerns before then. Once your implants have fully integrated into your jawbone (6 weeks – 4 months later), you’ll be fitted for your permanent crowns.
Implants Versus Other Treatments
Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth. You can even eat just like you always did and brush and floss normally. The best part about implants, though, is that they’re intended to last a lifetime. Other treatment methods like partial dentures and bridges may cost less in the immediate, but they deteriorate over time, necessitating replacement.
In the long run, quality dental often cost patients less while providing superior function and appearance. If you’re looking for a solution to missing teeth that will last, call us at KRK Implant Center today for your consultation and see for yourself why dental implants are right for you.
Looking for a lasting fix for lost teeth? The San Antonio dental implants experts at KRK Implant Center are here to help. Call us today at 210.826.3946 for your consultation.
These days, finances are a concern few people are immune to. With every little expense quickly adding up, the cost of dental care is the last thing you want to think about. When you live with missing teeth every day, though, eventually frustration gets the better of you and you start considering your options.
For many patients in San Antonio, dentures seem like the logical choice, because they offer a low-cost solution in the immediate. While it’s true that dentures are typically the least expensive up front, they carry with them a number of drawbacks that may end up costing more than you think.
The Hidden Costs of Dentures
You’re probably already familiar with the aesthetic and functional problems posed by dentures – decreased chewing power, lingering food odor, potential slippage at an inopportune moment – but there are other, more serious concerns to consider:
- Jawbone Deterioration: without teeth rooted in your jawbone, it will begin to deteriorate over time. This can actually alter your facial structure, giving you a collapsed appearance, and weakening your jaw.
- Damage to Neighboring Teeth: partial dentures require support from neighboring teeth to stay in place. While this doesn’t pose an immediate problem, over time, the pull on those supporting teeth can cause them to loosen and even fall out.
- Denture Replacement: even the best dentures are only a temporary solution. They wear out over time and typically require replacement every 5-8 years. Depending on how many replacements you need over the course of your lifetime, the cost of replacement alone could exceed that of other options.
Dental Implants: A Lasting Solution
Though dentures offer a low-cost remedy in the short term, when you consider the additional expenses they can cause over time, they may not be less expensive at all. Dental implants, on the other hand, offer a permanent solution to missing teeth. Not only do they prevent jawbone deterioration and damage to neighboring teeth, but they look and feel like natural teeth and stand the test of time.
If you’re in need of replacement teeth, don’t just settle for dentures. Call us at KRK Implant Center today. We’ll work with you to maximize your insurance coverage and can even offer financing if needed.
Looking for affordable tooth replacement? San Antonio dentures patients should consider the benefits dental implants provide. Call KRK Implant Center today at 210.826.3946 to learn more.
If you had your choice between a Ford Focus and a BMW 750li, which would you choose? Both can get you from point A to point B…and yet, one is widely regarded as a symbol of quality in the automotive market. If only there was such a clear-cut distinction in the field of dentistry in San Antonio.
Affordable dental implants providers like to play the cost war with their competitors – offering “the same” level of service for a much lower price. Unfortunately, these bargain treatments aren’t always all they’re cracked up to be.
Not All Implant Treatments Are Created Equal
Perhaps the old adage “you get what you pay for” is tossed about too lightly these days for it to hold much weight, but in the case of dental implants, you can be certain that if a lower cost is being offered, the difference isn’t coming out of the provider’s profit margin:
- Pre-op planning: one of the keys to a successful dental implant procedure is thorough pre-planning. This can include everything from time spent getting to know your unique physiology to the actual treatment plan itself, but this is an area where many tend to cut corners. Not enough time spent here can mean, at least, an uncomfortable experience during your procedure and, at worst, poor results and the need for follow-up work to fix what was done improperly the first time.
- Technique and expertise: in any surgical application, there’s something to be said for a practiced hand and well-honed technique. Many bargain providers may be new dentists trying to carve out a niche in the market. While this doesn’t automatically mean they will do shoddy work, you should be willing to accept a practitioner of lesser experience if you choose to go with the lowest bidder.
- Implant/crown composition: probably one of the biggest areas bargain providers cut costs is in the materials used to make your implants and crowns and the facilities in which they are manufactured. The use of suboptimal materials can cause decreased durability, and function and poor manufacturing can cause equally poor fit and resulting discomfort for you in the long run.
Insurance and Payment Options
At KRK Implant Center, we’re committed to providing the highest quality implants, crowns, and overall treatment possible, because our goal is providing implants that will look great and last a lifetime. We will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits toward our services. We also have financing options available, should you need them.
Don’t settle for lesser quality implants and treatment that won’t stand the test of time. Call KRK Implant Center for your consultation today.
Need affordable dental implants in San Antonio? KRK Implant Center will work to help maximize your insurance coverage and even offers financing options. Call 210.826.3946 for your consultation today.
One of the most common problems that Dr. Krueger sees in his San Antonio patients is receding gums, a condition of the gums moving up and exposing sensitive parts of the teeth. This allows harmful bacteria to enter the gap between teeth and gums, eventually causing tissue or even bone damage if left untreated.
When to Seek Treatment:
The first signs of receding gums can mimic other dental problems. You may also notice that your tooth looks longer than before or see a darker colored part of your tooth (the root). Once you recognize these signs, you should go to your periodontist immediately. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier and more painless it will be to resolve.
Signs of Receding Gums:
- Sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet food and beverage.
- Darker part of tooth (root) visible.
- Loose or missing teeth (advanced stage).
What Are My Treatment Options?
Depending on the cause of your gum recession, treatment is relatively mild when caught early. Most San Antonio patients with receding gums simply brush too hard or grind their teeth when they sleep, problems that are treated painlessly. However, many of Dr. Krueger’s patients undergo gum grafts to prevent further gum recession. This surgical procedure repairs tissue damage and eliminates tooth sensitivity, yet is so gentle that it can be performed with or without sedation.
Protects teeth from further gum recession caused by grinding teeth.
Switching to soft tooth brush, less aggressive brushing
Prevents gum recession in patients brushing or flossing too hard.
All bacteria removed from tooth, sensitive part of tooth covered with new tissue to prevent additional recession and beautify your smile.
Recovering From Receding Gums:
For San Antonio patients in the early stages of gum recession, a mouth guard or different brushing techniques will prevent the recession from getting worse and avoid surgical procedures. If you require a gum graft, recovery will take a few days and your mouth will fully heal in one to two weeks.
Remember that the best way to prevent gum recession from recurring is to follow good oral hygiene practices and go for routine check-ups.
To decide on a treatment plan for your receding gums, contact KRK Implant Center at 210.826.3946 or fill out our contact form.
Millions of Americans suffer from dental anxiety because they fear the pain of procedures or have had negative dental experiences in the past. This makes finding the right periodontist to treat your gum disease crucial not only to your dental health but your overall wellbeing. Here are some things you should look for when choosing a periodontist in San Antonio.
How Do I Find a Periodontist in San Antonio?
An excellent education and professional recognition set the top periodontists apart from the merely good. Periodontists with credentials from highly ranked universities and organizations such as the American Dental Association (ADA), American Academy of Periodontics (AAP), and the Texas Dental Association (TDA) meet the top standards needed to provide exceptional patient care. For added certainty, get recommendations from other dental professionals. They know which periodontists do the best work and have the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
Your periodontist should have:
- Education with academic distinctions.
- Active professional credentials.
- Recommendations from other dental professionals.
Though you should look for a periodontist that offers more than these qualifications, they will ensure the best possible treatment options.
Experience and Continuing Education
Periodontists with decades of experience know what works and how to deal with potential problems that may arise during your procedure. A balance of experience and familiarity with new techniques improves patient care and provides the best options for treatment.
Your periodontist should be:
- Experienced and established in the field.
- Up-to-date on new developments in periodontics.
- Actively engaged in furthering education.
While experience is valuable, you should look for a seasoned periodontist dedicated to continuing education for the best of both worlds.
It seems obvious that anyone engaged in patient care should be concerned with the patient’s wellbeing and comfort. However, a surprising number of patients experience impersonal care that sours their otherwise positive experience.
For a positive experience at the periodontist look for an office that provides:
- Friendly and courteous staff to explain procedures and aftercare.
- Periodontist dedicated to providing you with options for comfort, such as sedation.
- Individualized attention to your specific needs and wellbeing.
Finding a periodontist with personalized care and attentive staff will help put you at ease prior to your procedure and enhance your wellbeing when it is over.
To treat your gum disease, schedule a consultation with Dr. Krueger. Contact KRK Implant Center at 210.826.3946 or fill out our contact form.